2019 MDMC STUDENT AND FACULTY PROGRAM

shutterstock 250803685Every year, students bring incredible energy to MDMC thanks to their strong desire to learn.  We recognize that fact given MDMC is produced by a public university (the University of Missouri – St. Louis).  In 2018, student and faculty attendance was approximately 10% of the total attendance.  The remaining 90% were industry professionals.  This year MDMC is focusing on increasing that percentage by supporting student groups and faculty even more.  To support that goal, we are starting the “MDMC Student and Faculty Program.” 

 

Given the convenient Midwest location of this conference and the amazing price point (tickets only $75 for students), MDMC provides a unique opportunity for faculty in the field of digital and social media marketing, public relations, communications, advertising, or media studies to bring their entire class for an experiential opportunity of a lifetime. 

 

At MDMC, students will have an opportunity to meet and hear from amazing speakers from Google, Microsoft, Johnson & Johnson, LinkedIn and more. Students will also have many networking opportunities to take advantage of.

 

Purchase Your Student Ticket Now

Ticket Pricing

shutterstock 479633386Individual student tickets are set at $75, which is slightly below our cost per attendee.  Faculty tickets are priced at the basic rate which ranges between $149 and $169.  However, if a faculty member brings 8 or more students to the conference, the faculty member will receive a 25% discount on their ticket. Please email brianna@bestmarketingconference.com to get your faculty discount code. 

 

Purchase Your Student Ticket Now

Programming

There will be an academic and student track at MDMC with sessions for faculty around curriculum, experiential opportunities for students, software, and more.  There will also be sessions for students around LinkedIn strategy, networking, personal branding and more. Click here to view the full program

 

chris strub bookA special goodie bag will greet each student group of 8 or more from a high school, college or university.  This gift bag will additionally include a signed copy of the book by Chris Strub, titled “50 States, 100 Days.”  Chris is the young man who made his claim to fame by snapping in all 50 states in 100 days.  Chris works a lot with nonprofits around the nation on livestreaming and social media strategy.

 

A face to face private chat with Chris will be arranged for our student groups.  In addition to a private showing of Chris’s new 20-minute movie showcasing the behind the scenes efforts of that across country journey.

 

Students passes are full access and they will be able to attend any session, not just those for academics and students.

 

Purchase Your Student Ticket Now

 

Lodging

We have arranged special rates for hotel accommodations for student groups.  Once you register your class, we will work with you to pass along all necessary information regarding your options.  Or you can handle this matter on your own.

Food

Each day of the conference, approximately 15 food trucks will line up outside the venue at 11 am until 2 pm.  Lunch is on your own for all attendees.

Parties

Students and faculty, like any attendee, are invited to our opening night and closing night parties.  This is a great way to meet others and network.  Of course, students will be required to show their id for alcoholic beverages that will be served at these events.

Networking Opportunities

Students are encouraged to network with our exhibitors and sponsors.  Students are encouraged to bring your resume and business cards for networking purposes.

 

How to Register your Class

To register your class of 8 or more students, contact the Conference Founder Dr. Perry D. Drake and he will get you all the necessary documents and instructions you will need to take advantage of this great event for your students.  His email is drakep@umsl.edu.